This is a guide for those who wants to use the iPad as a second monitor for a windows laptop.
Here’s what I used:
- ultraVNC (uvnc.com) for PC (free)
- Mocha VNC Lite – for the iPad (free)
It’s actually very simple to do.
1. Install the ultraVNC server
2. You should see the VNC Server icon in the task bar. Right click on it.
3. Click on Admin Property, select Display No 2
I chose to Remove Aero and Wallpaper, just to make it go faster
5. One more setting:
In C:\Program Files\UltraVNC, edit ultravnc.ini, to enable to secondary display:
6. Make sure your laptop’s Display #2 is active, select Extend these displays
7. Startup Mocha Lite on your iPad. Note: IP address will be the laptop’s address, possibly 192.168.0.x but depends on the network. You can find it out by hovering over the uVNC server icon. Port number is 5902.
You will find that when it starts up it is basically mirroring your display. However, you can use your finger to scroll the screen – and that will display a second screen.
Next, get a stand and enjoy it as your second screen!
P.S. for those who do not have a laptop, google something called the Virtual Video Driver. I found one here. I don’t think I’ve got it working on my Windows 7 but I later realize my laptop card can do without.
There are programs and solutions available for the Mac Users,
Mocha VNC Lite + Screen Recycler: http://marthees.com/2010/04/hacksugar-using-your-ipad-as-a-second-monitor/Using my iPad as a second monitor for my windows laptop,
No related posts.